Our classrooms are growing! Children's House is seeking lead teachers in both part-time and full-time positions. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exceptional teaching team that can make the difference in a young child's life.
Beneath the stunning backdrop of Orcas Island, Children's House offers an incredible place to further one's career in Early Learning. Our center has been designated a Level 4 center by WA State's Early Achievers Quality Rating and Improvement System. We truly care about quality and improving child outcomes.
At Children's House, we believe the success of our program never rides on the shoulders of just one individual. Our recent rating accomplishment underscores the important synergy of a dedicated and talented teaching staff, exemplary program leadership -- coupled with family and community partnerships -- that align to deliver early learning support and experiences under a proven play-based educational philosophy.
Under the supervision of our Program Supervisor, the Lead Teacher is responsible for helping implement a developmentally based, educational program for children ages 1-3 and 3-6. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic center and to build your career during a time of increased national and community focus on Early Childhood Education.
State requirements of the Department of Early Learning (DEL) dictate the following MINIMUM qualifications. Viable candidates must:
- Be at least eighteen years of age or older;
- Have completed a high school education or the equivalent; and
- Have documented child development education or work experience and willingness to further education in ECE;
- Complete STARS training within six months of becoming a Lead Teacher.
Children's House candidates are required to have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to effectively interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner;
- Must be sensitive to individual children’s differences and needs and be willing to adjust the program and curriculum to meet those individual needs;
- Must be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing to continually increased knowledge in the field of Early Childhood including paid extended education and/or 40 STARS requirements;
- Must be able to relate with and speak to parents in a respectful and courteous manner;
- Must be willing to work in a team environment; be willing to share ideas and be open to other’s ideas; be flexible and willing to compromise;
- Basic computer skills.
- Lift 30 lbs.
Children's House offers paid sick time and four weeks paid time off with a school-year calendar year mirroring OISD closure weeks (Sept 5-June 19th.) A summer program is offered for students 11 weeks June-August.
Download a job application and send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the CH office at 36 Pea Patch Lane, Eastsound, WA 98245. Children's House is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Letter of interest
3. Transcripts (copies) IF APPLICABLE.
Please submit electronically to: email@example.com
Orcas Island Children's House
36 Pea Patch Lane
Eastsound, WA 98245
Attn: Susan Anderson, Executive Director